Grab & Go Meals
Update from 4/1/20
- Due to construction, the RDLS/STEM location will be moving to door #10 (at the corner of 70th and 12th street) starting Monday, April 6.
Update from 3/25/20
We love seeing all the students and families who have stopped by to pick up meals or met us at bus stops! Since we started this service on March 17, more than 6,300 meals have been served. We have also distributed 2,970 meal kits from The Sheridan Story. As long as schools are closed as part of the statewide shutdown, we will continue to provide these services to our community. Here are a few things to note:
- Spring break: We will continue to offer meals Monday-Thursday during spring break (Friday is a District holiday). On Thursday, we will provide double meals so that families have food for Friday as well.
- New pick-up hours: Starting on March 30, 2020, we will be adjusting the hours for our pick-up option at schools. You can pick up grab & go meals from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Eligibility: As a reminder, any child under 18 who lives in Richfield is eligible, as are students 18-21 in one of our transition programs (including District 287 SECA, as well as Districts 917 and 916).
While schools are closed due to the Minnesota Governor’s Executive Order 20-02, we are providing free grab & go meals. View the April menu here. Any children under 18 who live in Richfield are eligible, as are students 18-21 in one of our transition programs (including District 287 SECA, as well as Districts 917 and 916).
Pick-up at schools:
- A walk up or drive up service is available to all children under the age of 18 regardless of enrollment in Richfield Public Schools.
- Pick-up a grab & go breakfast and/or lunch between 10:30a.m.-1 p.m. at any of our school locations (RDLS and STEM are combined at the STEM school main entrance).
Delivery to bus routes:
- School buses are following normal routes and staff will distribute meals as well as food from The Sheridan Story at bus stops.
- Use extra caution when approaching the bus during meal deliveries. Buses will not be using stop arms or red flashing lights during food delivery routes.
- Here are the bus schedules: