Learn why parents, students, staff and alumni believe Richfield Public Schools are a great place to learn, grow and excel.
Kindergarten Kickoff & Preschool Preview
In Richfield Public Schools, we provide a robust, comprehensive curriculum taught by outstanding educators in an environment designed to support each student’s academic and social-emotional development, ensuring that every student learns, grows and excels.
This event provides families with a unique opportunity to learn about preschool and kindergarten in Richfield Public Schools. Principals from all of our elementary schools will be there, as well as staff from the preschool program at the Central Education Center. We will also have representatives from programs like Talent Development, Student Support Services, Special Education, Nutrition Services, Transportation and more!
- Attend 15-minute breakout sessions:
- Kindergarten Readiness: Building Literacy, Numeracy and Social-Emotional Skills
- Prekindergarten and Kindergarten Curriculum & Programs
- Bring your upcoming preschooler or kindergartener with you and they can practice riding the school bus, have their photo taken in the photo booth, see what a typical classroom looks like and more.
- Enrollment guides will be available and you can complete them and turn them in at the event or take them with you to complete later.
- Spanish and Somali interpreters will be available.
Location: Richfield STEM Elementary (7020 12th Avenue South)
Date & Time: Saturday, Dec. 18, from 9-noon
COVID-19 Precautions: To help promote social distancing, we are asking families to pre-register for the Kickoff and to select the timeframe you plan to arrive. We will repeat the breakout sessions during the event so that everyone has the opportunity to attend while also helping to minimize crowds. Face coverings are required for adults and children over the age of 2. Plan to spend 45-minutes to an hour at the Kickoff.
You can visit each elementary school when they host their own open house. It's your opportunity to talk with school staff and learn more about the opportunities available at each of our schools.
- Jan. 18 - Centennial Elementary, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Jan 19 - Sheridan Hills Elementary, 5:30-7 p.m.
- Jan. 20 - Richfield Dual Language School, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Jan 25 - Central Education Center, 4:30-6 p.m.
- Jan. 27 - Richfield STEM Elementary, 5:30-7:30 p.m.