On Tuesday, January 19, the Richfield School Board reviewed the 2021-26 strategic plan, Richfield Realized. We are excited to share the final plan with you.
The journey to develop this plan took longer than expected due to the current pandemic, but we hope you are pleased with how it ended up and the way in which we were able to incorporate culturally-relevant goals based on current events that unfolded in our community along the way.
Building this plan was a collaborative process that included input from students, families, staff, alumni and community residents. If you are one of the many people who submitted online feedback or who attended one or more of the engagement sessions, we thank you.
Below you will find a summary of the goals in each category. You can view and download the complete plan on the Strategic Plan web page.
- We will address the educational debt owed to marginalized communities to ensure equitable outcomes for all students.
- We will maintain small class sizes to ensure ideal student to staff ratios according to grade level and subject area.
- We will increase course offerings to expand opportunities for students.
- We will continue to support, promote and value biliteracy.
- We will ensure all students learn about post-secondary options to set them up for success in their futures.
Climate & Culture Goals
- We will ensure students are seen, valued, heard and respected to maintain a healthy school and District climate.
- We will increase student support, especially social-emotional support to care for the needs of the RPS community.
- We will support and celebrate diversity to provide a welcoming environment.
- We will improve school pride to increase student enjoyment of and dedication to their education.
- We will provide new opportunities for parent involvement to strengthen connections between home and school.
- We will provide new opportunities for community involvement to strengthen connections between the Richfield community and school.
- We will provide more variety of activity programs to cater to the needs and interests of all students.
- We will increase student participation in activity programs and better align the demographics of participating students with those of the overall student population.
- We will increase attendance at games and performances to foster a greater sense of community.
Business & Operations Goals
- We will maintain or improve staff hiring and support.
- We will continuously improve our facilities to provide a comfortable and functional physical environment.
- We will ensure environmentally friendly practices are used across the District.
- We will continue to improve student meals to provide for students’ nutritional needs.
- We will maintain financial accountability and transparency as part of our responsibility to the community of Richfield.
- We will continue to invest in technology resources for students, staff and families.
- We will continue to improve transportation services to provide a welcoming atmosphere and access to opportunities.
Communication & Marketing Goals
- We will improve family communication to strengthen the partnership between families and schools.
- We will support the positive reputation of Richfield Public Schools.
- We will improve marketing and public relations efforts to increase District enrollment.