Thanks to a recent change in the federal meal program, we will be able to provide free meals to all children ages 18 and under (and over 18 if enrolled in a transition program) effective Monday, September 14. This is an extension of the Summer Meals Program and open to all youth, not just Richfield Public School District students. This program will continue through Dec. 31, 2020, or until federal funding for the program is exhausted, whichever is earlier.
RPS Students in Distance Learning and Non-RPS Students
- Students can pick up a five-day bundle of grab & go meals each Wednesday between 11 a.m.-1 p.m. or 4-6 p.m. at Richfield High School. Look for us at Door 1 on Harriet Avenue.
RPS Students in Hybrid Learning
- Free breakfast will be served for all students when they are in school.
- Students will eat all meals in their classrooms, not the cafeteria.
- Students requesting grab & go meals for the days they are not in school will either have them delivered to the classroom at the end of the school day or students will pick them up from a kiosk as they leave for the day.
- Grades pre K-2 - One grab & go meal will be provided on Tuesdays.
- Grades 3-5 - A three-meal bundle will be offered on Tuesday or Friday (depending on the student’s schedule).
- Grades 6-12 - A four-meal bundle will be offered on the day students attend in-person.
Application for Educational Benefits
- Because this is a limited-time program that could be discontinued at any time, we are continuing to urge all families to complete the Application for Educational Benefits. You can apply online: https://www.nlappscloud.com/ or download and print an application on our Nutrition Services web page.