Congratulations to our boys varsity soccer team for winning sections and placing fourth in the state tournament! It was a wild ride that ended with the best finish the Spartan boys soccer team has had in 25+ years. Upon their return to RHS we had a pep fest in their honor, to celebrate their accomplishments, hard work and leadership. We couldn't be more proud!
Nov. 1, 2022 | Boys Soccer Third Place Game Information
Dear Spartan Soccer Fans,
Although they fought hard, our boys soccer team lost today in the state tournament semifinals. After a thrilling game that ended in a 3-3 tie, both overtimes were scoreless and we lost the penalty shootout 4-2. We are extremely proud of them for their growth and leadership throughout this season and are looking forward to watching them play together one more time, in the third place game that takes place tomorrow. The winner of this game will take third place in the state tournament.
The third place game is Wednesday, Nov. 2, at 11 a.m. and will be held at the West St. Paul Regional Athletics Center (1655 Livingston Ave, West St Paul, MN 55118).
Tickets for this event are online only via HomeTown Ticketing and can be purchased using this link. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for students. There is no senior discount.
Information to Know:
- There are limited tickets available for this game and are first-come first-serve.
- Due to this, and the timing of the game, we will not be providing a fan bus.
- The game can be streamed (for a cost) at this link. The link for the Class AA Third Place game will be available soon.
- The seating at West St. Paul Regional Athletics Center is limited. Spectators are encouraged to bring their own folding chairs.
- There will be no concessions.
- There is free on-site parking.
- There will be no overtime for this game and only a five minute halftime. If the game ends in a tie, both teams will share third place.
- There is an awards ceremony after the game.
We are looking forward to supporting them one final time. We couldn’t be more proud of our Spartan athletes!
Mike Harris, Varsity Coach
Chris Peterson, Activities Director
Oct. 31, 2022 | Information for the soccer game on Tuesday, Nov. 1
Greetings Spartans Fans!
If you’re planning to attend the semifinals for the RHS Boys Varsity Soccer Team tomorrow (Tuesday, Nov. 1), here are some things you need to know:
- Download the Ticketmaster App: Tickets for the game are through Ticketmaster and the barcode can NOT be printed. This means you will need to download the Ticketmaster app and present your ticket on your phone. Note: The tickets say 8 a.m. because there are games all day. The RHS match starts at 12:30 p.m.
- Do NOT Bring Cash: U.S. Bank Stadium is cashless. All concessions and apparel purchases require a credit or debit card. There are no reverse ATMs on site (reverse ATMs allow you to deposit cash onto your debit card). Please be prepared for any purchases you plan to make by bringing a credit card or pre-loaded debit card.
- Arrive Early: Lines can be long because of the security check-in process. It is recommended to arrive early and be ready to be patient.
- Find the RHS Section: We will sit across from our team bench. Seats are general admission but there are designated sections for students and some rows will be blocked off.
Why isn’t there a fan bus? Unfortunately the end of the game coincides with the end of the school day for our schools. All of our drivers and buses will be utilized to transport students home from school and will not be available for a fan bus. We encourage attendees to carpool or take Metro Transit if possible.
Additional information about the tournament and links to ticket sales and the livestream can be found on the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) website.
Oct. 27, 2022 | Boys Soccer Advances to Semifinals
Congratulations to our boys soccer team for their 2-1 win over Worthington last night in the MSHSL State Tournament quarterfinals. Luis Sanchez and Antwane Ruiz scored goals for the Spartans for a great team victory.
The team now advances to play Hill Murray in the state tournament semifinals on November 1 at 12:30 p.m. at U.S. Bank Stadium. Tickets for the semifinals are available online only and can be purchased using this link. Ticket prices are $14 for adults and $9 for students. There is no senior discount.
No Fan Bus: We will not be able to provide a student fan bus for this game.
- RHS families can call 612-798-6115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to excuse students attending the game. To ensure RHS can provide appropriate support at school and at the game, please call or email before Monday, Oct. 31 at 8 a.m.
- Non-RHS students who want to attend the game with their families must be excused by a parent or guardian. Report the absence by contacting your school and following their absence reporting procedures.
U.S. Bank Stadium Admission Procedures and MSHSL Spectator Expectations
- Fans will enter the stadium through the Legacy Gate, which is the main entrance that faces the pedestrian bridge on the west side of the stadium.
- All spectators must have a ticket.
- No backpacks.
- No food, beverages, bottles, coolers or other containers will be allowed to be brought into the facility.
- No firearms, explosives or other weapons.
- Students without shirts or students wearing shirts that are vulgar, obscene or demeaning will be removed from the tournament venue. All spectators must wear shirts that cover their entire torso.
- Handheld signs (no larger than 18” x 24”), which do not obstruct the view of others, will be permitted provided they are in good taste. Signs not in good taste will be removed. Message boards, white boards and other similar items that contest/tournament officials deem to be in poor taste will be removed.
- Oversized flags and/or banners are not allowed. Large signs requiring two people to hold or signs on sticks of any kind will not be permitted
- The following items are not permitted in the stadium: Confetti, toilet paper rolls, liquid containers, mechanical air horns, whistles, bells, thundersticks, laser lights, balloons, tripods/mono-pods/selfie sticks or any kind of artificial noisemakers. Ushers will confiscate these items at the gate.
- Purses may be searched by security at the gate and must be 12”x12”x6” or smaller.
- Patrons will be required to return all prohibited items to their vehicles, hotel rooms or homes.
- The facility has the authority to prohibit any other items deemed to be a security risk.
- The use of appropriate language is expected at all times. Profanity, negative chants, booing, trash talk, name calling, personal attacks or other acts of disrespect are unacceptable.
- Under no condition shall anyone other than the members of the official squad enter the playing surface. No one may interfere with the contest in any way.
Oct. 19, 2022 | Boys Varsity Soccer Wins Sections, Qualifies for State Tournament
Dear Spartan Fans,
Please join us in congratulating our Boys Varsity Soccer Team, who beat St. Thomas Academy in the Section 3AA finals on Tuesday evening! The Spartans dominated during the entirety of the game and ended with a score of 4-0 and will now advance to the state tournament!
Section games continue to be played this week across the state. At the completion of these games, we will find out where the Spartans play next and send a follow-up communication with that information later on Saturday.
The state tournament begins with quarterfinal games, which are tentatively scheduled for October 25-27, 2022, with game times of 5:30 or 7:30 p.m. These games will be held outdoors at a location to be determined.
Here is what we know:
- Tickets for all state tournament games will be sold online only. We will provide a link to purchase tickets in our follow-up email.
- Ticket prices for quarterfinal games are: $12 for adults and $8 for students (no senior rate)
- All seating is general admission. Fans are expected to sit across from their team's bench area.
- We are working with transportation to provide fan buses to the quarterfinal game. The available buses will depend on the date, time and location of the game. If we are able to provide a fan bus, information about how to sign up for the fan bus will be communicated on Saturday.
- The quarterfinal round is single-elimination.
We are extremely proud of our Spartan soccer team and can’t wait to support them as they move on in the postseason.
Oct. 17, 2022 | Congratulations to our Boys Varsity Soccer Team!
Our Boys Varsity Soccer Team pulled out a thrilling win against Holy Angels (AHA) on Saturday. The score remained tied 1-1 after regular time and two overtimes. The team won the penalty kick shootout 4-3! With the victory over AHA, they move on to section finals against St. Thomas Academy on Tuesday, Oct. 18, at 4:30 p.m. in the Spartan Stadium.
If you plan to attend the game, please note the following:
- This is a section game, so students will need to purchase a ticket to attend the game.
- No season passes (Spartan Pass) will be accepted. MSHSL passes are allowed.
- Tickets will be cash or check only. Adults: $10, kids/seniors: $5
- All high school students are required to show an ID to attend the game.
- Only Richfield and St. Thomas Academy/Visitation students will be allowed to purchase student tickets.
- No backpacks are allowed in the stadium.
- There is no admittance to the stadium after halftime and no re-entry if you leave the stadium.
- Section games cannot be streamed per MSHSL regulations.