At Richfield Public Schools, we inspire and empower each individual to learn, grow and excel. We provide a world-class education in a community with a small-town feel. Our district serves approximately 4,200 students. We are located just south of Minneapolis and border Edina and Bloomington.
Whether you are a current employee, a prospective employee, or a community member in need of information, our staff is ready to do what it takes to give you the best assistance possible. Our human resources team serves approximately 650 current employees, as well as prospective employees eager to join our diverse community located in the heart of the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants who are innovative, enthusiastic and looking for the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students and the community.
- View open positions on our Applitrack page.
- Complete the online application.
- Applications will be reviewed based on the needs of the school district and our selection criteria. After we review the applications, selected candidates will be scheduled for an interview.
- In general, initial interviews are scheduled with the hiring manager as well as other team members who are familiar with the responsibilities of the position.
- Based on the initial interview, candidates advance through additional rounds of the selection process including follow-up interviews, references and other job-related selection tools.
- Selected candidates will be invited by a representative from human resources to complete the paperwork for new employees, including a mandatory background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Richfield Public School District is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of RPS not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws, in its programs, services, activities, or employment practices.
The Richfield Continuing Education/Relicensure Committee (CERC) was established in accordance with the Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) to determine the number of clock hours to be granted for experiences, to act upon requests for recommendation for renewal of the continuing licenses by determining whether the applicant has met the requirements, to verify one year of teaching experience for persons on an entrance license, and to provide information to appropriate personnel concerning the in-service needs of the district.
CERC consists of five licensed teachers, one administrator and one community member, each serving a two-year term.
License Renewal & Clock Hours
All licensure renewals are online through Frontline's Professional Growth. If you are not currently employed in a school district, but live in Richfield and need your courses reviewed for recertification, please complete the Community Member CEU Form.
2020-21 CERC Meeting Dates
Time: 3:45-5:30 p.m.
Where: Richfield Middle School, room 106
- September 14, 2020
- October 12, 2020
- November 9, 2020
- December 14, 2020
- January 11, 2021
- February 8, 2021
- March 8, 2021
- April 12, 2021
- May 12, 2021
- June 7, 2021
- CERC Handbook
- Community Member CEU Form
- Additional information for RPS employees can be found on the staff intranet