The Richfield Tapaires Dance Team is comprised of a Fall Performance Team and a Winter Competitive Team. The Winter Competitive Team competes in the Tri Metro Conference and Sectionals 1AA.
All levels and abilities are welcome - we have multiple levels of teams to welcome athletes who have never danced before and as well as athletes with prior experience alike! Richfield Tapaires Dance Team is open to athletes in grades 7-12.
- Winter Competitive Dance Team Tryouts: Season begins in October and ends in February. Tryouts occur typically twice each year - (1) in the Spring (April - May) and (2) the first week of the season in October.
- Fall Performance Dance Team Tryouts: Season begins in August and ends in October. Tryouts occur typically twice each year - (1) in the Spring, in tandem with Winter tryouts and (2) the first week of the season in August
About our teams:
- Winter Competitive Dance Team consists of two styles of dance (high kick and jazz) at both the Varsity and JV levels.
- Jazz consists of a group dance with a duration of two and a half to three minutes in length where dancers perform turns, leaps, kicks and other skills in a choreographed routine.
- High kick consists of a group dance with a duration of two and a half to three minutes in length where dancers perform above waist high kicks in a choreographed routine.
- Fall Performance Dance Team consists of a non-competitive dance experience that fosters pride and support for Richfield High School, the Richfield district and the Richfield community. The Fall Performance Team engages in community events from parades to various high school sporting events by performing choreographed routines in front of community spectators. The Fall Performance Team style is a mix of jazz, high kick, hip hop, and pom with athletes using poms during their routines.
Dance team is a tight-knit group of athletes who at the end of the season, become a second family. Dancers will be challenged at dance team, and grow incredible amounts as an individual athlete in terms of abilities but also develop skills of working in a team. In dance team we set personal and team goals and celebrate our wins. We support each other and have fun along the way!
State appearances: 1992, 2018 and 2019
Conference champs: Tri Metro Jazz 2019, Tri Metro Kick 2019 and Overall Tri Mero Conference Champs 2019
My goal is to inspire athletes through dance and to help develop youth and young adults. Arianna Stotz, Head Coach