Dear RPS Community,
We hope you are enjoying your spring break and that you are finding time to relax.
As we prepare to resume instruction on Monday, April 6, we have some important information for you. Please take a few minutes to read through the information provided.
Closed April 3
As a reminder, Richfield Public Schools will be closed on Friday, April 3. This includes child care services as well as grab & go meals. Students picking up meals on Thursday will receive extra food for Friday.
Teachers and staff have worked hard to ensure a successful launch of our distance learning program. While we anticipate a smooth start, we know it is also possible that there might be issues in some places with technology or other communication. Please be patient the first few days as we all adjust to the new tools and processes. To help families, we created a distance learning web page with tips and resources:
The IT Helpdesk will be staffed from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. from April 6-10, and from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. from that point forward. Evening Helpdesk voicemails are addressed immediately the following morning so please make sure to leave a detailed message with callback information.
- Phone: 612-798-6050
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Device Repair
For students who have been issued district Chromebooks/devices, we have established the following process for repairs:
- All device repairs and cord requests are subject to the district user agreement fine structure. If your repair requires a repair fee, it will be added to your FeePay account.
- All device repairs will be handled by our local business partner Chipheads. Please state that you are a Richfield Public Schools family and fill out the RPS repair form at the store.
- If your cord malfunctions, you can also pick one up at Chipheads for $10. You will not be fined further for the cord.
- Address: 6333 Penn Avenue South
- Phone: 612-866-8800
- Email: email@example.com
- Hours: Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Grab & Go Meals
Free breakfast and lunch will continue to be available for as long as schools are closed. Please note that due to construction, the RDLS/STEM location will be moving to door #10 (at the corner of 70th and 12th street) starting Monday, April 6. View the bus delivery routes and the April menu on our website:
District Phones/Internet Outage April 3
On Friday, April 3, the Richfield Public Schools network, phones, and portal will be down for maintenance starting at 8 a.m. until approximately 4 p.m. This means staff will not have email access to their accounts to respond to any emails or voicemail during that time.
Thank you all for your ongoing support and patience during these uncertain times.
We are looking forward to resuming classes on Monday!
Superintendent Steven Unowsky
Information on COVID-19 and recommendations for schools
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Minnesota Department of Health
- U.S. State Department Travel Advisories (select Travel Advisories)
- Minnesota Department of Education
RPS resources for families and staff
- Cleaning your technology devices (English)
- Cleaning your technology devices (Spanish)
- Talking to children about COVID-19
- RPS Health Services
External resources for families and staff
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus (NPR website)
- Just for Kids: NPR Video Exploring Coronavirus (YouTube)
- CDC downloads on keeping the workplace safe (PDF)
- Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource (NASP, multiple languages)
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (PDF)
- Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks (SAMHSA)
Previous COVID-19 updates
- March 26, 2020 (English)
- March 26, 2020 (Spanish)
- March 25, 2020 (English)
- March 25, 2020 (Spanish)
- March 24, 2020 (English)
- March 24, 2020 (Spanish)
- March 20, 2020 (English & Spanish)
- March 19, 2020 (English)
- March 19, 2020 (Spanish)
- March 18, 2020 (English & Spanish)
- March 17, 2020 (English)
- March 17, 2020 (Spanish)
- March 16, 2020 (English)
- March 16, 2020 (Spanish)
- March 15, 2020 (English)
- March 15, 2020 (Spanish)
- March 13, 2020 (English)
- March 13, 2020 (Spanish)
- March 12, 2020 (English)
- March 12, 2020 (Spanish)
- March 3, 2020 (English)
- March 3, 2020 (Spanish)
Send questions or comments relating to COVID-19 to firstname.lastname@example.org