Learn more about our plans for hybrid and distance learning during the 2020-21 school year.
Hybrid & Distance Learning
In September, we anticipate opening in a hybrid model. Planned details can be found below, broken down by grade level. Please note that all families have the option to enroll their child in full-time distance learning if they are not comfortable sending their child back to the classroom.
Note: If your child is enrolled in distance learning this fall, they will only have the opportunity to switch to the hybrid model at the end of the grading period. However, if your child is enrolled in the hybrid model this fall, they can switch to distance learning at any point.
If you are unsure if you want your child to attend in-person classes, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a decision-making tool for families that might be helpful. You are also welcome to contact your child's school and talk to the principal, teacher or family outreach worker about your concerns.
Our mission is to ensure every child learns, grows and excels. We remain as committed to this as ever during these challenging times.
Superintendent Steven Unowsky
RPS Students in Distance Learning and Non-RPS Students
Students can pick up a five-day bundle of grab & go meals each Wednesday between 11 a.m.-1 p.m. or 4-6 p.m. at Richfield High School. Look for us at Door 1 on Harriet Avenue.
RPS Students in Hybrid Learning
- Free breakfast will be served for all students when they are in school.
- Students will eat all meals in their classrooms, not the cafeteria.
- Students requesting grab & go meals for the days they are not in school will either have them delivered to the classroom at the end of the school day or students will pick them up from a kiosk as they leave for the day.
- Grades pre K-2 - One grab & go meal will be provided on Tuesdays.
- Grades 3-5 - A three-meal bundle will be offered on Tuesday or Friday (depending on the student’s schedule).
- Grades 6-12 - A four-meal bundle will be offered on the day students attend in-person.
We are offering an instructional support childcare option for students of Tier 1 Essential Workers that will meet during regular school hours on the days the student is not scheduled for in-person instruction, following the school calendar. This option allows students to attend school in person every school day if needed. Learn more and register online. If you have additional questions, please call 612-243-3075 or email email@example.com.
Due to rapidly increasing COVID-19 rates in our area, we are transitioning all of our students in grades PK-5 to full distance learning effective Friday, November 20.
Following state guidance, we are making the difficult decision to close our secondary hybrid program and transition to full distance learning after Friday, November 20, for students in grades 6-12.
With an election on the horizon and rising COVID-19 numbers, we want you to know we are here to support you and your family.
We are excited to announce that we will be adding two days per week to the hybrid program for students in grades 3-5.