Due to the shelter in place order and the ban on large gatherings, we have moved the next phase of our strategic planning process online. Your voice is as important as ever as we prioritize the feedback submitted by families, students, staff and the greater community.
2020-25 Strategic Planning Process
A strong community has strong public schools. Join Richfield Public Schools as we celebrate our accomplishments from the current strategic plan and start developing our vision for 2025. Your voice is crucial as we take the next steps towards becoming a leading school district in the Twin Cities.
As of February 26, we have received 846 comments from 424 people on our 2020-25 strategic plan. This includes attendees at the January 14 and February 10 community engagement sessions, as well as people who have completed the online form. We have grouped the comments into themes and summarized them here.
The first two large-scale community engagement sessions focused on what residents, families and other stakeholders think about Richfield Public Schools and where they want to see the district head over the next five years. If you missed the meetings, you can still submit your feedback online.
2015-20 Strategic Plan
- in inspiring our students to grow, adapt and discover their place in the world
- all children have a right to a quality education, high standards, rigorous curriculum and powerful instruction
- in providing instruction that supports the different ways people learn
- that valuing our diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fosters unity and empowers all
- the collective efforts of students, home, school and community form the foundation for excellence
- that core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility will be modeled, taught and nurtured
- it is everyone’s responsibility to provide a safe, supportive and engaging environment Goals:
- Provide a high quality, competitive educational system
- Accelerate achievement for ALL students
- Engage family and community members as partners
- Ensure an environment where ALL belong
- We will provide challenging, relevant and engaging educational opportunities for all students that will increase learning.
- We will positively promote Richfield Public Schools.
- We will provide a welcoming, healthy, supportive, safe and caring environment.
- We will acquire and align human, financial, operational and technology resources to maximize organizational goals.
- 1A: Align pre-kindergarten through grade 12 curriculum and high school graduation requirements with the requirements for success in the 21st century’s World’s Best Workforce.
- 1B: Develop grade-level benchmarks to measure student progress toward achievement of strategic plan learning goals.
- 1C: Provide multiple, supported college and career pathways for high school students.
- 1D: Expand preparation for and access to college-level coursework and workplace certifications while in high school.
- 1E: Provide a rigorous, standards-based learning environment.
- 1G: Develop and implement K-12 digital and media curriculum.
- 1H: Implement standard technology resources K-12.
- 1F: Provide and expand early childhood academic opportunities to increase school readiness.
- 2A: Create and expand outreach and marketing efforts to attract new students.
- 2B: Implement specific efforts to retain current students.
- 2C: Communicate about and market Richfield Public Schools by sharing our success and having a clear and refined brand.
- 2D: Remove barriers to communication for all Richfield families and citizens.
- 2E: Implement an easy way to navigate websites.
- 3A: Create a school environment that represents and respects our diverse community.
- 3B: Promote the core values of respect, honesty, caring and responsibility throughout the Richfield Public Schools.
- 3C: Improve the transition of students and families into and between our schools.
- 3D: Review, evaluate and improve school security initiatives and crisis intervention programs.
- 3E: Promote healthy lifestyles through education, physical activity and nutrition initiatives.
- 3F: Provide learning opportunities for parents and guardians to develop technology literacy skills.
- 3G: Provide support opportunities for families with limited technology access.
- 4A: Implement a comprehensive recruitment and selection process that increases organizational effectiveness.
- 4B: Ensure aligned professional growth opportunities for all staff to achieve individual and organizational success.
- 4C: Ensure district buildings are welcoming and support an effective learning environment while promoting efficient conservation strategies.
- 4D: Ensure operational department staff (food nutrition, transportation, buildings and grounds, community education and district office) are welcoming and support an effective learning environment while promoting efficient conservation strategies.
- 4E: Promote a transparent budgeting and staffing process aligned with district goals.
- 4F: Foster a collaborative work environment that actively engages staff to meet the organizational goals.
- 4G: Provide increased mobile device access for students.
- 4H: Provide increased mobile device access for staff.
- 4I: Continue to evaluate emerging needs of the district and pursue opportunities for additional resources.