The purpose of this policy is to make clear to students, parents and staff the school district's policy regarding activities transportation.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The school district may charge a fee for transporting students to and from activities in accordance with Minnesota Statute §123B.36 that authorizes charging a fee for service.
The determination as to whether to provide transportation for students, spectators or participants to and from activities shall be made by the school district administration. This determination shall include, but is not limited to, charter licensing requirements, the persons to be transported, the type or method to be utilized, distance to the event, available vehicles, amount of scheduling and coordination, and any other transportation arrangements.
A. Transportation for students participating in Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) sanctioned activities shall be provided by the district as outlined in the Administrative Guidelines.
B. The transportation cost for non-MSHSL sanctioned activities and events shall be paid for by the students participating.
C. The cost of transportation provided to parents and user groups to an event or activity shall be borne by those participating.
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.36 (Authorized Fees)
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.37 (Prohibited Fees)
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.49 (Extra Curricular Transportation)
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.86 (Equal Treatment)
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.88 (Transportation)
- Minn. Stat. § 123B.92 (Transportation Aid & Entitlement)
- Board Policy 653 (Field Trips)
- Board Policy 541 (Student Behavior)
- Board Policy 742 (Transportation)
- Board Policy 741 (Walk Distance)
ADOPTED BY THE BOARD OF EDUCATION: April 15, 2002
REVISED BY THE BOARD OF EDUCATION: March 19, 2007
REVISED BY THE BOARD OF EDUCATION: May 20, 2019