Richfield Public Schools Strategic Plan Summary 2015-20
Richfield Public Schools inspires and empowers each individual to learn, grow and excel.
- in inspiring our students to grow, adapt and discover their place in the world
- all children have a right to a quality education, high standards, rigorous curriculum and powerful instruction
- in providing instruction that supports the different ways people learn
- that valuing our diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fosters unity and empowers all
- the collective efforts of students, home, school and community form the foundation for excellence
- that core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility will be modeled, taught and nurtured
- it is everyone’s responsibility to provide a safe, supportive and engaging environment
- Provide a high quality, competitive educational system
- Accelerate achievement for ALL students
- Engage family and community members as partners
- Ensure an environment where ALL belong
1. We will provide challenging, relevant and engaging educational opportunities for all students that will increase learning.
- Align pre-kindergarten through grade 12 curriculum and high school graduation requirements with the requirements for success in the 21st century’s
- World’s Best Workforce.
- Develop grade-level benchmarks to measure student progress toward achievement of strategic plan learning goals.
- Provide multiple, supported college and career pathways for high school students.
- Expand preparation for and access to college-level coursework and workplace certifications while in high school.
- Provide a rigorous, standards-based learning environment.
- Provide and expand early childhood academic opportunities to increase school readiness.
- Develop and implement K-12 digital & media curriculum.
- Implement standard technology resources K-12.
2. We will positively promote Richfield Public Schools.
- Create and expand outreach and marketing efforts to attract new students.
- Implement specific efforts to retain current students.
- Communicate about and market Richfield Public Schools by sharing our success and having a clear and refined brand.
- Remove barriers to communication for all Richfield families and citizens.
- Implement an easy way to navigate websites.
3. We will provide a welcoming, healthy, supportive, safe and caring environment.
- Create a school environment that represents and respects our diverse community.
- Promote the core values of respect, honesty, caring and responsibility throughout the Richfield Public Schools.
- Improve the transition of students and families into and between our schools.
- Review, evaluate and improve school security initiatives and crisis intervention programs.
- Promote healthy lifestyles through education, physical activity and nutrition initiatives.
- Provide learning opportunities for parents and guardians to develop technology literacy skills.
- Provide support opportunities for families with limited technology access.
4. We will acquire and align human, financial, operational and technology resources to maximize organizational goals.
- Implement a comprehensive recruitment and selection process that increases organizational effectiveness.
- Ensure aligned professional growth opportunities for all staff to achieve individual and organizational success.
- Ensure district buildings are welcoming and support an effective learning environment while promoting efficient conservation strategies.
- Ensure operational department staff (food nutrition, transportation, buildings and grounds, community education and district office) are welcoming and support an effective learning environment while promoting efficient conservation strategies.
- Promote a transparent budgeting and staffing process aligned with district goals.
- Foster a collaborative work environment that actively engages staff to meet the organizational goals.
- Provide increased mobile device access for students.
- Provide increased mobile device access for staff.
- Continue to evaluate emerging needs of the district and pursue opportunities for additional resources.