If you're interested in volunteering in one of our schools, please contact the school directly to inquire about opportunities. You can also volunteer with a Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) at one of our schools or with one of the many booster clubs that support our athletics/activities teams. All volunteers working in schools and/or with students will need to pass a background check prior to starting. For more information, contact the school or booster club that you are interested in.
We value the diverse voices of our community members. Serving on a committee is a great way to share your talents and unique perspectives. If you want to learn more about serving on one of the committees below, reach out to the contact person listed.
There are several ways to support our students, classrooms and District through financial gifts as well as in-kind donations. All donations should be made through one of these approved channels. Donations are accepted and approved by the Board of Education.
- School supplies can be purchased and donated at any time. You can contact one of our schools directly to inquire about specific needs or drop-off times.
- Adopt-A-Classroom: Through Adopt-A-Classroom, teachers and staff create pages with items that they are seeking for their classroom or program. Donors can select the items they wish to purchase and the items are delivered directly to the school. You can search by school name, teacher name and more.
- Donate online through any of our GiveMN pages:
- Send checks, payable to Independent School District #280, to the District office (7001 Harriet Ave. S., Richfield, MN 55423).
- Support any of our booster clubs. (Booster clubs support individual student clubs and sports teams. They are not part of the District and operate outside of District oversight. To donate to a booster club, contact the club directly.)
- Contribute to The Richfield Spartan Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization that supports our students, primarily through scholarships for graduating seniors. Visit their website to learn more and to donate.