We are committed to viewing and analyzing all of our work through a racial and cultural equity lens so that each individual can learn, grow and excel. We will partner with families and the community to better identify and eliminate barriers that can interfere with each individual's opportunity to excel.
As outlined in our strategic plan, all learners will have access to rigorous learning opportunities. We will strive to have all students achieve high-level academic outcomes that are not predictable by race, culture, socioeconomic status, language, gender, ethnicity or any other characteristic. Learners–both students and staff–will acquire an awareness of their own identity, value others' similarities and differences, and gain a deep understanding of how all of us intersect with our global society.
- in inspiring our students to grow, adapt and discover their place in the world
- all children have a right to quality education, high standards, rigorous curriculum and powerful instruction
- in providing instruction that supports the different ways people learn
- that valuing our diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fosters unity and empowers all
- the collective efforts of students, home, school, and community form the foundations for excellence
- that core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility will be modeled, taught and nurtured
- it is everyone's responsibility to provide a safe, supportive and engaging environment
- provide a high quality, competitive educational program
- accelerate achievement for ALL students
- engage family and community members as partners
- ensure an environment where ALL belong
During the 2016-17 school year, we began implementing Innocent Classroom from the Minnesota Humanities Center.
- transforms classrooms and relationships
- deepens relationships with staff and students, particularly our students of color
- increases equity throughout the District
- undermines the impact of societal negative stereotypes, low expectations and bias
- provides an environment where all students are free to achieve