STAFF USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
The Board of Education supports active and healthy staff members and encourages the use of school facilities for such use. It is the policy of the Board of Education that school facilities are made available for health and wellness activities of district staff members when space is not being used for educational program purposes or reserved by outside groups, subject to certain rules and regulations of the Board of Education.
The school district may cancel facilities use when emergencies occur (inclement weather, facility damage, safety considerations, power outages, etc.).
Fees associated with permitted use of school facilities and grounds are identified in the Administrative Guidelines for Staff Use of School Facilities.
Any deviation from the procedures outlined in the Administrative Guidelines must be approved by the Superintendent or designee.
ADOPTED BY THE BOARD OF EDUCATION: June 13, 2011
REVIEWED BY THE BOARD OF EDUCATION:
REVISED BY THE BOARD OF EDUCATION:
Policy 413.1 ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDELINE
STAFF USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
I. GOAL OF THE RICHFIELD PUBLIC SCHOOLS REGARDING STAFF USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
It is the desire of the Richfield Board of Education that school facilities are made available to staff for Health and Wellness activities.
II. RULES AND REGULATIONS IMPLEMENTING BOARD POLICY
School district staff will be permitted to use school facilities during normal working hours when facilities are not being used for educational purposes or if facilities have been reserved by individuals or outside groups.
A. Request Use of Facilities:
1. Facilities will be available during a defined schedule as determined by the Athletic Director and Supervisor of Community Education.
2. Educational uses, and individuals or groups who have reserved facilities through the permit process will have priority use of facilities.
3. A list of available facilities will be provided with the purchase of a Facilities Use ID.
4. Staff that would like to use facilities during non-scheduled times will:
a. Complete a permit for extended use of the facility (eg. Gym facility). Staff must have their Facilities Use ID.
b. A permit is not required for occasional use but staff must have their Facilities Use ID.
School district staff using district facilities will be required to purchase an annual Facilities Use ID. The cost of the ID will be recommended by the Athletic Director and Supervisor of Community Education.
IV. USE OF EQUIPMENT
Staff is expected to supply their own equipment such as basketballs, volleyballs, bats, baseballs, etc.
A. Staff must sign and date a waiver of risk (attachment A) releasing the district of any and all liability and complete a Facilities Use Registration Form (Attachment B) when using district facilities during their non-contractual period of the day.
B. Staff agree to leave all areas in the same condition they were in at the time of arrival.
Please observe the following rules.
1. Use of alcohol or drugs on school property is prohibited.
2. No smoking or other use of tobacco in the building or on school grounds.
If a staff member violates this rule they will be asked to leave the building and their right to future use will be forfeited.
3. Treat school property with care; you are responsible for all damages.
4. Protect gymnasium floors through the use of tennis shoes or stocking feet.
C. If a problem occurs:
1. Report any damage of school property to the Athletic Director or Supervisor of Community Education within 24 hours.
2. If you don't make satisfactory replacement or payment for any loss or damage, or you violate rules, your right to future use will be forfeited, and your Facilities Use I.D. must be returned to the District. The school district assumes no liability for loss of personal effects of participants.
DATED: June 13, 2011