Home School Information
Home School Forms
Use this form if:
- this is your first year homeschooling
- you are returning to homeschooling after being enrolled in public school
- you have a new address
Form: Non-accredited, Non-public School Full Report - Due October 1 @ 3:00 p.m.
Use this form if:
- you homeschooled last year and are continuing to homeschool for the 2019-2020 school year. In addition, if you have a student age 12 (Grade 7) you will need to submit new vaccination records or a notarized conscientious objection statement.
Form: Letter of Intent to Continue to Provide Instruction - Due October 1 @ 3:00 p.m.
For further information, visit the Minnesota Department of Education website.
- Use this form to request reimbursement for homeschool expenses. If you plan to use funds, do not check the nonparticipation boxes on this form. The allotment for textbooks, standardized tests and individualized instructional materials for the 2019-2020 school year is $85.09. Please note: only expenses for the 2019-2020 school year are eligible for reimbursement. Purchase or order your materials after July 1, 2019. Receipts dated prior to July 1, 2019 will not be processed for the school year 2019/20. You must submit receipts and the items must also meet state guidelines. Deadline for presenting receipts and materials for reimbursement for the school year is April 15, 2020.
Form: Student Report for Aids to Non-Public Students (ED-01650-32) - October 1 @ 3:00 p.m.
- Submit this form in addition to the "Student Report for Aids" form if you expect to receive reimbursement for your expenses: Memorandum of Agreement
- Submit this form for registration: Home School Questionnaire
Direct questions and correspondence to:
Richfield Public Schools
Central Education Center
7145 Harriet Ave
Richfield, MN 55423
As a reminder, students with disabilities who are homeschooled in Richfield and meet the Minnesota criteria for special education may be eligible to receive special education programs/services through the Richfield School District. If you suspect that your child has a disability, or if he/she has a current Individualized Education Program (IEP) and you would like your child to access special education services, contact Mary Pat Mesler, Director of Special Education, at 612-798-6043.