All currently enrolled Richfield High School and Academy of Holy Angels’ students according to residency are eligible to participate. If the team reaches capacity, team members will be prioritized by grade from 12th down to 9th grade students and may have to take part in tryouts.
You must have your firearms safety certificate and meet academic standards for your school to take part in this club.
You must be able to give a copy of your firearms safety certificate to the head coach.
FEES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Fee for Spring 2019 Trap is $290. Check made out to RHS/AHA Trap Team.
Fee for Fall 2018 Trap Season is $230. Check made out to RHS/AHA Trap Team. Contact Coach Brotzel for more information and sign up for the Fall League at 612-850-1461.
Uniform is an additional cost for first time member of approximately $150.
FIREARM POSSESSION AND TRANSPORTATION
In accordance to state law, team members are not allowed to have their gun and/or ammunition on school district property, including in a vehicle. Shotguns must be kept at home and transported to the gun club after school by student or parent. No exceptions!
HOME GUN CLUB AFFILIATION
Lettering Criteria may change and is a work in progress currently. The team will be advised when the criteria is finalized. Below is a sample of what the Senior and Juniors may see as lettering criteria., along with the other classes. This I understand is what other schools have used for their Charter year. Any questions ask head coach Bob Brotzel.
A student that comes out for the Spring and Fall season for three years will letter even if they do not have an average of 19 and is at good standings at the end of three years.
To qualify for Varsity a student has to have a season average of 19 to 25.
To qualify for Junior Varsity a student has to have a season average of 15 to 18.9.
To qualify for Novice a student has to have a season average of 0 to 14.9.
A student that scores 24-25 at any Conference, Regional or State Meet.
A student that scores varsity level scores at conference or state meet at a level higher than their seasonal performance for example. a JV student or novice who shoots Varsity level scores at State will earn a letter.
A male student who at the end of the Spring or Fall league is noted as being in the top ten in their Conference or top twenty-five in the State even if they do not have an average score of 19, but at least 18 average.
A female student who at the end of the Spring or Fall league is noted as being in the top ten in Conference or top twenty-five in the State even if they do not have a average score of 19, but at least 18 average.
- Shotgun: 12 gauge or 20 gauge
- Proper eye and ear protection
- Appropriate attire
- Team Uniform (Team Shirt, Vest, Cap,)
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
All team members must display proper conduct as written below or face suspension/expulsion from the club. Team coaches/advisors will determine if a student’s conduct warrants formal action and parents will be notified as such.
- Representing your school with dignity and respect. Courtesy and respectful behavior must be awarded to all coaches, teammates, volunteers and gun club staff.
- Display good sportsmanship through fair play and honesty. Never use abusive or profane language or argue with referees/gun club staff.
- Safe and responsible handling, transportation and storage of firearms and ammunition is expected at all times.
- Follow all team rules and expectations. Be prompt and prepared for all practices and league competitions. Communicate with coaches to prevent conflicts and/or issues.
- Remain chemically free. Violations of this rule result in automatic dismissal from the team.
- Academic success is a top priority. School should come before participation. Stay on top of your studies and class requirements to avoid conflicts with the team’s schedule.
All participants must have a valid Firearm Safety Training Certificate and give a copy to the head coach.
All participants must meet the school’s co-curricular activity eligibility requirements.
All participants must wear team uniform unless Head Coach Bob Brotzel says otherwise, such as weather or other unforeseen reason.